KS and a new Herpesvirus?

T.J. Fitzmaurice tjf11 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 05:08:33 EST 1995

In article <3ko6q8$1g5 at ionews.ionet.net>, Kent Edwatds <kente at ionet.net> wrote:
>In article <3k0vgi$jvm at news.ccit.arizona.edu>, erik at aruba.ccit.arizona.edu
>says...
>>I am hopefully writing a grant proposal for my prelim exams,
>>and I'm interested in writing it about the new herpes virus fragments
>linked
>>to KS lesions-if this is true!  I'm having trouble finding information
>about
>>this subject.  I have the article from Science (late 94' or early 95'?)
>>but I am unable to find anything else right now.  Help!
>>Thanks!1
>I am not able to assist you in your request for specific information.
>However,I am up to date on the latest effective treatment and management of
>the herpes virus group.
>Feel free to contact me for more information.

Hmmm, well I ran a Genbank search on the fragments listed. It came out
with two fragments. One larger than the other. There is considerable
sequence homology with a variety of herpesviruses including EBV and CMV
amongst others. I think they were putative glycoproteins, but don't quote me on
that. Homology ran at about 60% across te sequences. Apart from assorted
articles saying we've found this new virus fragment, that's all I've seen.

Tim