"Outbreak"/_Hot Zone_,etc.

Gordon Clausen gordonc at iea.com
Wed Mar 22 21:23:19 EST 1995

In article <95031419505785 at sable.adelphi.edu>, km8815f91 at SABLE.ADELPHI.EDU (KAT) says:

>I do think however that the movie and book have value in that they might
>prompt the average person to learn more about the subject of viruses and
>virology.

It has prompted me to learn more about viral disease. After seeing the movie
and reading Preston's book, I stumbled across this textbook in a warehouse
store: Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases, Principles and Practice,
Volume 2 (Viral, Rickettsial, and Chlamydial Diseases) by Balows, Hausler, and
Lennette, 1988. It was only $20, so I picked it up.  While most of it is over
my head, it is still fascinating reading and a nice addition to my library.

What an electrical engineer is doing with a book like this is anyone's guess. <g>