Hot Zone Question

George McCabe xrghm at lepvax.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 21 11:17:39 EST 1995

deirdre at deeny.MV.COM (Deirdre) wrote:

> Subject: Hot Zone Question
> From: Joseph J.Seward, jseward at jseward.win.net
> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 1995 17:46:45 GMT
> In article <205 at jseward.win.net> Joseph J.Seward, jseward at jseward.win.net
> writes:
> >        I am currently reading the Hot Zone and have a question

> What fascinates me is the thesis that this may be a disease naturally
> hosted in big game (e.g. leopards or elephants) and that, because numbers
> of the natural host are dwindling, it's jumping species to something more
> available.
>
> _Deirdre

Deirdre,
	... read the Hot Zone, and before that a "great" book on
the black death.  Now I have a strong interest in virology, which
is I confess reinforced by a rather morbid facination with Ebola, thanx
to Richard Preston.
	Where can we look for more information.  I am an optical scientist
with little specific knowledge of biology/virology but I really want
to learn more about these threatening organisms.

George