Hot Zone Question

Joseph J.Seward jseward at jseward.win.net
Fri Mar 17 12:46:45 EST 1995

        I am currently reading the Hot Zone and have a question
about the ebola virus.  When the man in the first chapter has
ebola but doesn't know and is vomiting on the airplane and in
the emergency room and all of that, how come nobody else
contracted the virus except for people like the doctor and
nurses that came in contact with his blood?  Since this virus is
supposed to be and airbourne virus why didn't everyone in the
whole area around him contract the disease?  If this disease is
really a airbourne virus then why isn't everyone getting it
around the whole world because if this disease is right now say
in Africa loose, we breath the same air and with the wind and
atmosphere wouldn't the virus be here in the states too?   Hope
this isn't too dumb of a question but this is really bugging me
and so is the first question about the book.  Thanks... Joe

Joseph J. Seward      |Email Address:
Pottsville, Pa. 17901 |
U.S.A.                |Internet: jseward at jseward.win.net