Outbreak (just a fiction movie after all)

Giovanni Maga maga at vetbio.unizh.ch
Wed Mar 15 08:40:39 EST 1995

In article <3k3j9r$djt at nntp3.u.washington.edu>, nyneve at u.washington.edu
(deborah wisti-peterson) wrote:

> i saw outbreak and thought the movie was totally stupid.
(...stuff deleted...)
> --
>                    Deborah Wisti-Peterson, BS
>       nyneve at u.washington.edu or wisti at zoology.washington.edu
> University of Washington; Dept. of Zoology; Box 351800; Seattle, Wa
> =-=-=-=-Grad School: it's not just a job, it's an indenture!=-=-=-=

OK Deborah, that movie couldn't be played in a virology course at the
University, but I feel it hasn't been its purpouse. It is just a fiction
movie, OK? Let's enjoy it as such. People who think that this movie gives
(or has to give) any scientific message are wrong. Fiction is full of such
stories (Andromeda Strain is the most obvious counterpart), but
nevertheless nobody expects to learn science from fiction movies...just to
have fun.
maga at vetbio.unizh.ch