Outbreak (the movie)

Karl Fischer kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sun Mar 12 12:33:54 EST 1995

After seeing Outbreak yesterday, my feelings are best summarized by a line
from the movie "Beetlejuice" (and I'm paraphrasing)

"I've watched 'The Exorcist' 27 times...and it just gets funnier and
funnier every time I watch it." ;-)

While I echo the statements made by Patrick and Ian, I'm finding myself
starting to field questions from friends and associates such as "Is this
true? Has it happened before? Are you working on that kind of virus?". The
question I've started to ask myself is "Will society take the movie for
what it is, an entertaining romp through semi-science, or will it fan the
embers of fear already in place due to media ex-plosure of HIV, hantavirus
and flesh-eating bacteria?"

We now return you to your previously scheduled program, already in progress.

Cheers

Karl

--
Karl Fischer