Outbreak (the movie)

Nonaka Hidehiko e8610 at etlrips.etl.go.jp
Sat Mar 11 16:51:20 EST 1995

 |		I just saw Mo's post about the new movie "Outbreak."
I have seen only
 |snips on commercials.  Dustin Hoffman has been good in almost everything
 |that he has been in.  I'm kind of interested in going to see it - not
 |because I think it will be an accurate portrayl. However, It may help to
 |give the general public an idea of the importance of the virology
 |research that we lab rats are embarked upon.  Certainly we will see
 |multiple interviews and spin off news specials.  I just hope that the
 |movie going public realizes that the only way to solve such problems is
 |to make research a priorty again.

 |                                   Peter Angeletti

I also saw it as a TV ad. programme of half an hour.  I could only
know a part of the movie, but my impression is 'Could't Holywood make
OUTBREAK without much actions ?'  I think it is enough and more
effective to reproduce the Hot Zone in the movie.  Even if they needed
the plot in which a whole town and a country were in the fear of being
'crashed', they had a good example of 'La peste' by Camus.  I hope the
movie would not be just a panic movie.

Hidehiko NONAKA   e8610 at etlrips.etl.go.jp