Baculo expn kits

Yasushi OKADA yokada at kinesin.kaibo1.m.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Mar 9 06:30:44 EST 1995

In article <3jmhl1$r4n at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> Dr Michael J Carter <bss1mc at surrey.ac.uk> writes:

   Does anyone know a good supply of (preferably
   Sau-1 linearized) AcNPV (lac z) DNA?

   Failing that, can anyone recommend a good baculoexpression
   kit system and a vendor?

   I've always found the lac zvirus OK, but I don't really
   want to get into the bulk virus preps to renew my stocks.
   Surely someone must sell it?

CLONTECH sells BacPAK6 DNA (Cat # 6144-1).  It is baculovirus DNA
linearized with Bsu36I to prevent the formation of non-recombinant
virus.  It costs ($600 for 5 transfections!), but works well.

Invitrogen and Pharmingen also sell similar baculovirus DNA.

Hope this helps.