Chicken Pox

Forrest Hoffman Fhoffman at solarex.com
Thu Mar 9 14:49:31 EST 1995

Please excuse my posting to this group as I am not in the medical profession.  Although this may not be the
proper place to pose this question I would appreciate any help.

	I'm not sure whether Chicken Pox is a viral or bacterial infection.  I have recently been told that my
daughter has been recently exposed to this condition (3 children in her daycare room).  I have also asked my
parents and neither can remember. I'm now 34 years old and my pediatrition discards records 10 years after the
patients last visit.  My doctor after the pediatrion has since passed away so I don't know how to find his
records either.

	My question, (finally) is if there is some sort of antibody or reaction type test for detecting
whether a person has had the Chicken Pox?  If so, is it inexpensive enough that the average person can have it
done and what is it called.  I have been told that Chicken Pox for adults isn't pleasant.  Thanks again for
your patience.  Response to this group or e-mail direct at fhoffman at Solarex.com