let's get a virus FAQ going -Reply

KERSTING.PATHLOGY at mail.health.ufl.edu KERSTING.PATHLOGY at mail.health.ufl.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:28:40 EST 1995

ijiwaru at nyc.pipeline.com (Lyle Najita) wrote:

> I can't speak for the working virologists on this group, but me
personally
> I feel an FAQ is unnecessary.  Compiling an FAQ is a lot of
work,
> especially with the level of discussion you are asking for.
There are any
> number of good basic virology text books that already cover the
topics you
> listed above.  Any good basic text will give you the info you
request.  > This is one thing that existing books already do far
better than the net.  >   I agree.  Any good text can serve as a
FAQ.

I agree as well, that a FAQ is redundent in this case. But maybe
we could set up a list of "noteworthy" reference books (or is
"Feldman's Virology" the only one?).

Robert
University of Florida, Dpt. of Neuropathology