Hot Zone/Coming Plague

Tommy Beach austin at netcom.com
Sun Jul 23 19:43:24 EST 1995

EdRegis (edregis at aol.com) wrote:
: Fans of the Preston and Garrett books should take a look at a truly
: brilliant piece in the New Republic that debunks some of the more
: outlandish claims in these books, for example Preston's idea that the
: Ebola virus is planet Earth's way of cleansing itself of unwanted human
: beings.  See:

	I know, I couldn't believe that when I read it.  He also called
	a virus a parasite which is a misnomer since a parasite is a
	plant, animal or bug and a virus is just a bundle of RNA or DNA.

	Thanks for the reference.

	Tommy Beach

: Malcom Gladwell: "The Plague Year: The Unscientific Origins of Our
: Obsession with Viruses." The New Republic, July 17&24, 1995, pp. 38-46.
: (Gladwell is New York bureau chief of The Washington Post.)

: Ed
: edregis at aol.com