prion disease and nerve-gas

Mike Poidinger mikep at biosci.uq.oz.au
Sun Jul 16 21:38:45 EST 1995

harry at AUDRE.COM (William Harry) wrote:

>I was living in Germany a couple of years ago at the time of the
>Rinderwahnsinn ("mad cow disease") scare and I recall reading
>at the time in the German media about a British veterinarian who
>had treated infected animals using a therapy effective in certain
>cases involving nerve-gas poisoning (chelated calcium or some such
>as I vaguely recall.)  This therapy resulted, allegedly, in significant
>improvement up to and including complete remission of symptoms.  This
>result, I also recall, was suppressed by the British health authorities.

Yep, those nasty British health authorities obviously have a vested interest in
keeping the epidemic going!  *sigh*

The vets treatment had no real effect on the cows' condition, despite his vocal
and inflammatory comments to the press.  He was basically pulling a 'Duesberg'

Mike

Dr Mike Poidinger      Now don't be lazy,
Microbiology, UQ       with the pleasure of sin  (Nitzer Ebb)
Australia
mikep at biosci.uq.oz.au