Virus inactivation

Michael mink mmink at SERVER.NYBC.ORG
Thu Jul 13 09:00:13 EST 1995

On 30 Jun 1995 71342.61 at compuserve.com wrote:

> Does any one know if there is a device that will inactivate viruses in blood or
> plasma?
>
> I have a small engineering firm that has been supplying fiber optic based
> UV instruments to the process/industrial lab markets and recently have
> been asked to look into making one of our products perform the above task.
>
> I would like to talk to someone who is active in this area.  My phone # is;
> 314-962-4555, Company; Custom Sensors & Technology.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike Ponstingl

I am aware of a company which manufactures a photoirradiation incubator
for virus inactivation used in combination with photoreactive dyes.  I am
not sure if this equipment is still experimental, development, or
marketed.  And I'm sure there are other companies developing similar
equipment.

Lihtan Technologies, Inc
901 E Street Suite 210
San Rafael, CA 94901