HGE in ticks

Brick Ayola abrick at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Wed Jul 12 13:59:24 EST 1995

On 12 Jul 1995, Andrea Dennis - Medaphis Production wrote:

> Just today I heard of another disease that is carried by deer ticks called
> HGE. I don't know what HGE stands for, all I know is that it's supposed
> to by kind of like Lyme disease on Speed. If anyone has any information that
> they could share with me about this, or anyplace they could point me to, about
> HGE, I'd really appreciate it.

I saw the same report on World News This Morning. Again, another
journalistic faux pas; they claimed that HGE is a virus yet can be
successfully treated with antibiotics. More fuel for the virus
misinformation fire.....

Brick Ayola
Tulane School of Medicine