The FLU

S. Frog darcoda at telerama.lm.com
Mon Jul 10 13:58:11 EST 1995

	Hi, and all that.

	I'm not sure if this is the proper place to raise this question,
and forgive me if it isn't, but I have a question about the flu.
	Actually, three questions:
	Is the flu a retrovirus?
	If it isn't a retrovirus, do I have a faulty definition of what a
retrovirus is?
	Lastly, is it true that the flu has only been around for like a
hunred years or so?  And that it mutated from something else, which is
why human has so little resistence to it when the influenza epidemic
roared through just after world war I?

	Thanks. :)

								S. Frog
--