Announcing new WWW virology resource

Naveed Panjwani n.panjwani at lshtm.ac.uk
Mon Jul 3 13:18:34 EST 1995

"A.J.Cann" <nna at le.ac.uk> wrote:

> It's generally considered good manners to contact people before you
> include links to any of their documents from your server. Had you done
> this in advance of posting this note to the entire world, I would have
> been happy to agree to your request.

With respect, Dr. Cann, it is considered equally good manners to get
your facts straight before firing off an allegation. Please read below
the complete text of an e-mail YOU sent to me, regarding my approach
to you for cooperation for building of this resource:

>> From:          nna at leicester.ac.uk ("Dr A.J. Cann")
>> Subject:       Re: Virology tutorials
>> To:            Naveed Panjwani at lshtm (Naveed N. Panjwani)
>> Date:          26-Jun-1995 14:04:53 +0100

>> > Then I came accross your pages. I thought you might be interested in
>> > my plans, perhaps we could combine them, as we have the same ultimate
>> > objective - to teach virology using the unique medium of the
>> > Graphical Internet.
>> >
>> > I await your comments,
>>
>> Please feel free to include links to my pages from your server.
>>
>> AJC.

Now I hope you will be so kind as to clear my name as publicly as you
found it appropriate to denigrate it....

> Moreover, some of the links to my
> documents from your server are wrong (e.g. the arbovirus link points at
> a retrovirus document). People who want to see the correct versions of
> these documents should view:
>
> http://www-micro.msb.le.ac.uk/
> Dr Alan J. Cann  PhD

That is, in fact, the only one I had wrong. I do not, repeat NOT,
profess to being perfect or beyond error, and I thank you for pointing
it out to me. However, I do not appreciate discouragment that emanates
from a peer whom I think highly of in academic terms.

Naveed Panjwani