animal viruses

saboteur at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU saboteur at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Mon Jan 30 11:31:01 EST 1995

In article <3g68f8$p31 at neuro.usc.edu> william at neuro.usc.edu (Fiberman) writes:
>Hello, all,
>
>Anyone out there using animal viruses (ie. adenovirus, HSV, or vaccinia) to
>transfer genes into animal cells or tissue?  I want to know if it will
>be costly to maintain such a system, and what equipments/supplies are
>necessary.  Please respond if you can help. Thanks.

Just wanted to add that alphaviruses can be very useful vectors. H. Garoff in
Sweden has a nice Semliki Forest system, and S. Schlesinger here at Wash U has
a Sindbis system that I have found to be quite useful and easy to use.

Brett Lindenbach
Lucille P. Markey Student in Human Pathobiology
Program in Immunology
Washington University - St Louis
brett at borcim.wustl.edu