polybrene question

Greg Tobin tobin at fcs260c.ncifcrf.gov
Fri Jan 27 23:02:18 EST 1995

While we're on the subject of retrovirus vectors, could we accumulate a list
of cells/cell lines that various viruses infect and those that are
resistent?

For example, the amphitropic line used most often with the Dusty
Miller vectors produces virus that infect a wide variety of cell.  These
I would like to design vectors that infect some less common cell lines -
Cf2Th (canine thymus)
EREp (rabbit embryonic epithelial)
BLAC-20 (bovine leukocyte adherent)

Any guesses on whether these will infect?

Thanks

Greg Tobin, Ph.D.                        tobin at lcms-1.ncifcrf.gov