Small pox

Nigel Smith ns10005 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 07:13:19 EST 1995

In article <3g4j30$o5c at decaxp.harvard.edu>, gibbs at fas.harvard.edu (James
Gibbs) writes:

>Also, there *probably* (maybe?) are stocks of variola frozen in some lab
>>freezer somewhere that are completely unlabeled and forgotten. Then
>again, people have known that smallpox is extremely lethal and probably
>would take more care than that with such a pathogen. Comments?

Agreed, although I would change 'and probably would' to 'and hopefully
would'. That, however, says more about about my cyniscism than any
laboratory practices I may or may not have witnessed, here or at any other
lab I have worked.

Honest.

        Nigel

        "Be Pure                'The Sayings of Torquemada'
         Be Vigilant                   Nemesis the Warlock
         BEHAVE!!!                                  2000AD

--------
For information about this Usenet posting service, send mail to
remailer at soda.berkeley.edu, with Subject: remailer-info.
Please, don't throw knives.