Smallpox

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Mon Jan 23 11:42:17 EST 1995

	While I think the evidence is pretty solid that smallpox has no
other reservoir than humans, like poliovirus, I didn't mean tosuggest
that I favor destroying its existing stocks.  In fact, I think I stated
that opinion.  There have some interesting hypothetical scenarios presented
on the net recently concerning how smallpox might be resurrected from
burial plots, etc.  What the ex-USSR will or willnot do with its stocks
is highly speculative.