virus debate-help needed

Steven_H Harwood harwoods at AVA.BCC.ORST.EDU
Thu Jan 19 13:53:51 EST 1995

My reflection on that is that while viruses do "reproduce" thus extending
their genetic information in time, and subject to selection pressure,
they do not meet the criteria set forth scribbled in the margin of notes
from one of my own biology classes: "to live is to excrete".  -Steve Harwood