(none)

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Mon Jan 16 15:59:51 EST 1995

	Hepatitis C is a serious, and frequently, a chronic persistent
infection.  However, I dispute that virtually everyone infected gets a
chronic infection.  Much more likely, some percentage of those infected
develop this kind of infection- that percentage may be fairly high-
but I believe many infections are subclinical and limited and even some
that develop disease experience resolution and no persistent infection.
I wonder if others can confirm or challenge this view.