Baboon to Human Marrow Transplant - RFI

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Dec 29 19:47:29 EST 1995

In article <BTAFOYq.brunker at delphi.com>,
Marla Brunker  <brunker at delphi.com> wrote:
>	By the way...has anyone heard anything about how this experiment
>is going? How is Mr. Getty? I gather he's still with us (which seems like the
>first hurdle) as his death hasn't been reported, but is there any further news?
>Assuming he stays alive, how long might it take for his investigators to
>have something worth publishing or otherwise making generally known (I realize

Last I heard about it was a short note tucked in the middle of the
newspaper.  It was about one or two weeks ago, and said that the procedure
had just been done, and the recipient was in an undisclosed location and
was, reasonably enough, requesting privacy.  If I (and the reporter
responsible) got this right, we probably won't be hearing much day-to-day
information. I see no reason why there should be anything released for
several months, at the least; if there's bad news, there's no reason to
release it publicly, while it will take at least 6 months, I would think,
before anything good looks realistic.

Ian
--
Ian York   (iayork at panix.com)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627