I need infos!!!

Henry Putz Henry_S._Putz at ccmail.bms.com
Fri Dec 22 09:29:17 EST 1995

Wilfred Perlmutter <laurfluff at macc.wisc.edu> wrote:

> You should be interested in knowing that a friend of mine who is a
> biostatistician working with viruses and related phenomenae informed
> me that the chance that viruses could evolve on their own is
> virtually infinitesimally small.  Simply more hard data backing me
> up.
> Start preparing now,
>
> Wilfred

Does your friend know what the probability is of life itself
evolving from a primordial soup of basic chemicals?  I would wager
that it too is "infinitesimally small" yet it did happen.  By the way,
the term "virtually infinitesimally small" implies that the
probability that viruses evolved on their own is not infinitesimally
small but merely appears that way. Have you seen any strange
vehicles parked in front of your house in the last couple of days?
They should be watching you closely by now.