Did Vaccines Eliminate Polio?

William Bird wbird at airmail.net
Wed Dec 20 21:10:06 EST 1995

Shalimar at sisna.com wrote:

>I don't know a lot about all the ends and outs abouy
>immunizations, and most of my children have their shots up
>to date.  However, my first child came down with Pertussis,
>as was clearly diagnosed, prior to two months of age (when
>shots are due).  Also, my husband and I had been immunized
>when were growing up and we still came down with Pertussis.
>My husband almost died!  although it was awful for me too,
>I didn't come close to dying.  Our child almost died as
>well.

>Also, inspite of catching Pertussis, the Drs said to still
>get our baby the Pertussis immunization.  WHY???

Wow, that's awful that your family had such a unsuccessful experience
with immunizations, but according to statistics, the vast majority of
the population DOESgreatly benefilt from vaccinations.My knowledge of
immunology will always drive me to encourage the immunization process
but I find it incredibly odd that you married someone with the same
unsuccess.  Considering your haplotypes, if your immune system and
your husbands were not receptive to the vaccine, there still exists
some chance (via recombination and what not) that your child will
still benefit from it.  But if your still afraid, I suggest a second
opinion (from a very reputable doctor, if you can find one).