Rabbit calici virus adapts? (Alwyn Smith)

Brian Sandle bsandle at southern.co.nz
Fri Dec 15 11:04:18 EST 1995

Cosmik Debris (Cosmik.Debris at elec.canterbury.ac.nz) wrote:
: In article <4anu4s$6rs at golem.wcc.govt.nz>
: Rachel Priebee <Priebee_R at wcc.govt.nz> wrote:
:
: > ahaz at atlantis.actrix.gen.nz (Stephen  Bell) wrote:
: >
: >> On a slightly divergent topic: is the possum they so diligently preserve
: >> in Oz the same animal as we diligently try to exterminate here? Or is
: >> theirs the Irish-American species (O'possum), which I gather is a
: >> different animal?
: >
: >
: > I always thought ours was the Australian opossum.
: >
:
: They have the same accent but seem more intelligent.
:
:
: Cosmik "I owe money, therefore I am" Debris
:

In the interests of keeping bionet.virology impossumbly purely scientific
I have made this followup to nz.general aus.general. I don't think any
bionet scientist is going to be worrying too much about calciviruses
specific to the New Zealand possum but not the Australian.

It also notifies aus of the subject.

Brian Sandle. Shell to snail? bsandle at southern.co.nz.