EPIDEMIOLOGY IN RURAL ASIA?

Richard Scott Richard at scottp.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 16:05:45 EST 1995

I am a 2nd year pre-clinical medical student at Cambridge University; A
friend (another medic from Cambridge), are travelling in Tibet for 3
months next summer (July until October) and are interested in carrying
out a medically related survey.

We will be travelling in 'urban' areas, but probably of more use
would be the contact we will have with very rural (including nomadic)
communities. We anticipate that we will trek in such rural (high
altitude) areas for at least a month of the 3.

We would be more than happy to carry out a survey as part of
someone elses research. Possibilities might include surveys into:
(1) immunization programs
(2) disease epidemiology
(3) genetic disease prevalence
however, we are open to your suggestions.

Thank you very much,
Richard Scott

e-mail: richard at scottp.demon.co.uk
--