Adenoviral DNA minipreps

Unknown Unknown
Wed Aug 23 04:30:52 EST 1995

I have been trying to do Adenovirus DNA minipreps on some recombinant
adenoviruses. I use recomb. ad5 infected 293 cells lysate, freeze-thawed in
Tris-saline. I have previously used 500ug/ml of Proteinase K in 1% SDS and
20mM EDTA. But now the same conditions are not giving results. I get very
little or no DNA at all. The DNA that I get then does not cut with HindIII.

I have tried altering conc. of SDS to 0.5% and EDTA to 5mM but not signi-
ficant change is observed.

Can anyone please inform me of any tested protocol for the DNA minipreps
for Adenovirus.
Thanks, Obaid