XENOTRANSPLANTATION ISSUES

Hahn Soo.Hahn at ping.be
Fri Aug 25 13:05:30 EST 1995

It is good to see again this arguments. I also very interested in this
problem. During last semester, I studied the issue and found many
interesting argument. But, to save relatively limted number of
patients, we can not put all human population in the danger of new
AIDS like virus transmission. There is no frontier and no visa for
virus. It is evident not only slow virus is problem. How about those
endogenous viruses? I am not only concerned about baboon to human but
also pig to human transplant.

I have two questions. I hope that someone can provide these
information or references (publications) in this post.

First. Is there a federal or international regulation that could
control those potential risky human experimentation (Liver and BM)?

Second. Is there some currently planned xenotransplantation
experimentation including Liver and B.M. (ex. transg. Pigs in England)
?

Thank you in advance.

Hahn from Brussels
Soo.Hahn at ping.be