hi titer dengue 2

Mike Poidinger mikep at biosci.uq.oz.au
Wed Aug 23 18:40:09 EST 1995

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU (ab) wrote:

>Hello-
>        I need to grow hi titers (10^8/ml) of dengue 2, and thought I'd seek
>the collective wisdom of this group. I currently have C6/36 cells growing in
>MEM/10%HI-FCS, 30oC, no CO2. Because plaque assays for this virus have such
>a long turnaround (1 week in BHK-21), I'd rather not have to troubleshoot.
>Therefore, any advice will be most welcome.

You should achieve 10^8 in c6/36's.  However, if you want to move to a
eukaryotic cell line, try PSEKs, they are far and away the best eukaryotic cell
line for flavivirus propagation that I have come across.

Mike

Dr Mike Poidinger      Now don't be lazy,
Microbiology, UQ       with the pleasure of sin  (Nitzer Ebb)
Australia
mikep at biosci.uq.oz.au