ABC News Special

David Ornstein davido at apocalyspe.org
Tue Aug 22 18:13:04 EST 1995

In article <v01510100ac5fcec573ad@[128.112.113.216]>,
cpatterson at WATSON.PRINCETON.EDU says...

>I was going to send a note to the address listed in the posting about the
>'ABC News Special' on infectious diseases, that came out last week.
>
>I must have taken the wrong address from the letter, my note is not going
>through.  Does anyone have the original posting?  It would be greatly
>appreciated.

Here you are:

ABC NEWS SPECIAL ON INFECTIOUS DISEASE: REQUEST FOR INPUT

Date: Tue, 15 Aug 1995 18:08 EST

To Whom This May Concern --

ABC News is preparing a one-hour prime time news special on the unique risks
posed by infectious disease to the American public.  We hope to responsibly
present the risks posed by highly infectious viruses and bacteria to the
American public without being unnecessarily alarmist.

I am very interested in hearing how those of you in the scientific community
think such a program should be shaped.  What issues must be addressed?  Who
are the important experts to be included in such a broadcast? Where has the
media been lax on this story?  I greatly appreciate any suggestions,
comments or questions you have.  Please be assured that any communication to
me in response to this message will be treated as an "off-the-record"
conversation.

Thank you --

Mark Atkinson
ABC News