virintro.zip

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 17 09:05:31 EST 1995

Virological friends:

I am making available at our ftp site an introductory molecular
 virology teaching package.  This is for PCs (386 minimum) running
WIndows 3.1 or better, and expects to be unzipped in a directory
called c:\virol.  It was designed on a multimedia authoring package
called Illuminatus (Digital Workshop, UK) from the HTML tutorial
available at our site (see below) and the Wisconsin WWW site
(http://www.bocklabs.wisc.edu/ed/virtut1.html).  It prefers 256
colour 640x480 displays but can run quite happily on 16 colour
displays.

 It is definitely  a preliminary version of what is hoped to be a
distributable product: what I would like is opinions, feedback,
suggestions - download, unpack, mercilessly test-drive - and tell me
what you think.  You will notice things in it from others; they have
been asked for permission, and it is not for sale, so no royalties
are payable!!

(ftp.uct.ac.za/pub/data/geminivirus/virintro.zip)

Access is by anonymous ftp (login: anonymous, password: email
address).   This is a UNIX server and case is important.  The file is
 just under 1Mb, and unpacks to OVER 9Mb...!  You have been warned.

Have fun, PLEASE feed back??

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

"And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you"