HELP WANTED

Chris VanCantfort vancantc at vt.edu
Tue Aug 15 09:42:52 EST 1995

Apparently my original request was truncated. Sorry - bear with me.
To reiterate and complete the request, I am looking for recent research
that addresses the evaluation of viral inactivation processes.  Specifically,
I'm concerned about the difference between inactivation efficacy using
seeded (spiked) test media vs. naturally infected media.  I'm sure
it is a far greater challenge to inactivate viruses in a natural
biological setting (e.g., infected tissue) where the matrix significantly
effects inactivation as compared to the unnatural situation of simply
mixing a viral culture with the test matrix and then treating.  I am
interested in recent research that clearly demonstrates this difference,
especially as it relates to animal viruses / veterinary virology.