need a good virology text

Walter Ogston ogston at HOBBES.KZOO.EDU
Fri Aug 11 16:55:42 EST 1995

> Hi,
> I'm about to prepare a 3rd-4th year undergrad course in virology and
> was wondering if anyone could suggest a good text(s) for the course.
> I plan on taking essentially a molecular approach (structure,
> assembly, control of transcript/translation, targetting etc.). I've
> been buried in my thesis for a while and have kind of lost touch
> with what is currently available.
> I'd appreciate any suggestions.
> Thanks.
> PJ Jardine

Has anyone on the list tried using "Introduction to Modern Virology" by
NJ Dimmock and SJ Primrose (4th ed, 1994) for a course like this?  I own
a copy that I haven't really studied, but I know some one is going to
ask me to teach a course like the one PJ Jardine describes some day, and
I would like to be prepared.
Walter Ogston				ogston at hobbes.kzoo.edu
Department of Biology			Phone: (616)337-7010
Kalamazoo College			Fax:   (616)337-7251
Kalamazoo, MI 49006-3295