The genetic stability of Ebola virus

Steven Poet poets at ccmail.orst.edu
Wed Aug 2 13:29:15 EST 1995

I'm not sure how the similarities in genome sequence were determined,
but it was probably with PCR.  That would indicate that all the authors
could really state is that the small piece of amplified genome did not
change.  Examples of highly conserved sequences exist for almost all
viruses.  Maybe this is all that is going on.