DNA methylation on viral DNA

Karl Fischer kfischer at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Sat Apr 29 05:21:12 EST 1995

In article <3nsh25$6ir at worak.kaist.ac.kr>, "Lee, Dae youp"
<dylee at life.kaist.ac.kr> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Recently, I have been interested in the effect of eukaryotic DNA
methylation on viral
> transcription and replication. Is there any cell lines which methylase
is deleted or absent?
> Can you advice to me about more information and causion when I start
this thesis?

> I appreciated to you in advance.
>
> Dylee

Hello Dylee,

There is a nice minireview on eukaryotic DNA methylation in FEBS volume
268(2), pages 329-333 (1990) written by Walter Doerfler et al.. Another
entitled "DNA Methylation and Gene Expression" appeared in Microbiological
Reviews in September 1991. While these may be a little dated they should
whet your appetite regarding the effect of methylation on transcription
and replication.

Cheers

Karl

--