VZV vaccination

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Tue Apr 25 12:47:01 EST 1995

	I would like someone to address a concern I communicated earlier,
that being that the use of the newly licensed VZV vaccine might reduce
chickenpox in children but, if immunity were not maintained in those
vaccinees as adults (which is very easy to imagine), the result might be
a significant increase in the adult susceptible population.  VZV infection
in adults is a whole lot more serious than it is in children.

	Any comments?