Dummy Target For Virus'

Kenneth Plahn JBNZ29A at prodigy.com
Mon Apr 24 18:17:18 EST 1995

As long as we are being theoretical here, I'll throw out an idea. Suppose
we use a viral 'sponge'. If some sort of artificial lymph nodes could be
constructed, virus could be absorbed as it passes throgh the lymphatic
system. They could be constructed with immobilized CD4 or Anti-HIV
antibodies in the interior. These 'lymph nodes' could be implanted or it
could be done in a fashion analygous to a dialysis machine. Progression
to AIDS seems to be corelated with destruction of lymph nodes and the
accompanying spill of virus into circulation. This progression might be
slowed by such an approach.
-
  KEN PLAHN  JBNZ29A at prodigy.com