living viruses

EdRegis edregis at aol.com
Mon Apr 24 08:34:14 EST 1995

>I still like Lwoff's comment "viruses should be considered viruses
>because viruses are viruses". Let's take them as they are - how much
>the further does it get us to worry about whether they're alive?

We don't worry exclusively about things that get us the further.  We often
wonder about things merely because we find them interesting.  Some people
have even gone so far as to claim that such unpractical wondering is a
prime motivation behind science.  If you don't find the "viruses alive?"
question to be intersting, fine.

Ed
edregis at aol.com