Philosophical Leanings

Ed Rybicki ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Wed Apr 19 10:09:07 EST 1995

> From:          deirdre at deeny.MV.COM (Deirdre)
> Subject:       Re: Philosophical Leanings

> > I use a photograph of a T4 phage model made by one of our students - in
> Is this photo available on the net (e.g. on a Web site)? If not, sounds
> like it should be.

Can make it so, as part of my Web site - anyone else interested?  Got
a collection, ranging from a phage modelled on a SOuth African
cultural weapon (painted wood, now used to bang sequencing gel plates
to get the bubbles out), to one made of wire and straws, to HIVs made
of food bowls and pins...very inventive, our calsses over the years:
an assignment over about 5 years by my colleague Barbara von Wechmar,
who got tired of dreary drawings of virus structure.

 |     Ed Rybicki, PhD      |  ed at molbiol.uct.ac.za   |
 |    Dept Microbiology     | University of Cape Town |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   7700, South Africa    |
 |   fax: x27-21-650 4023   | phone: x27-21-650-3265  |
 ------WWW URL: http://www.uct.ac.za/microbiology------

   "And the man in the suit has just bought a new car
      From the profit he's made on your dreams..."