Virions form hell

PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:49:41 EST 1995

Hi, I was just thumbing through virological prayer book when I came
accross another strange virus.  The Chlorella virus.  It has a 300 Kb
dsDNA genome (Huge).  The thing is so big that it can be seen with a
light microscope.  It infects unicellular algae.  I remember I saw a
talk at the '91 ASV about it.  They showed slides of the virus blowing
out the sides of the infected cell.  Just another example of the
grandeur.

                Ciao.  Peter Angeletti
Peter C. Angeletti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Adenovirus interactions with host cells
PAngeletti at BMG.BHS.UAB.EDU
or