T=1,2 or 3 (psalms)

PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu PANGELETTI at bmg.bhs.uab.edu
Tue Apr 18 10:35:36 EST 1995

		Hi,

When I said "pray to an icosahedron" I did not mean to be exclusive.
And of course it was figuritive.  It would be perfectly fine to direct
your prayer to a more complex structure or, in fact, the high holy
enveloped capsid (hear the angels).  I think Ed Rybicki said it well:
...simplistic T=1 of the satellite viruses, up to the awe-inspiring
grandeur of the iridescent viruses), but a true capsid form nonetheless,
and deserving of a (perhaps lesser) place in the pantheon.  The
diversity is fantastic.  A point to remember is that there are more
forms in viral nature than can be imagined in any philosophy.

     Ciao.  Peter Angeletti
Peter C. Angeletti
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Adenovirus interactions with host cells
PAngeletti at BMG.BHS.UAB.EDU
or