CfCPV Contamination with Picornavirus

Dan_Belkosky at Infopuq.UQUEBEC.CA Dan_Belkosky at Infopuq.UQUEBEC.CA
Sun Apr 16 14:36:25 EST 1995

In a stock of CfCPV, with a concentration of 10 to the 10th cfu's/mL, I found
a picornaviral contamination to the extent of 10 to the 9th cfu's/mL.
Separating the CPV inclusion bodies from the picornavirus is easy, but I would
like to isolate the CPV capsids in the supernatant from the picornavirus
particles.  CfCPV has a diameter of 50-70nm, and picornavirus particles are
almost always 29-30 nm in diameter.  Please respond if you are aware of a
purification procedure.

Thanks,
Dan Belkosky