HAV vaccine

Bruce Phillips bap at MED.PITT.EDU
Fri Apr 14 14:31:26 EST 1995

	The new HAV vaccine is called Hirvax (or something like that) and is
a inactivated virus preparation very much like the early Salk/Youngner vaccine.
It is reported to be 85% effective as measured, I believe, by eliciting
"significant" titers of neutralizing antibodies and from studies showing
protective effects in human beings.  I think much of the testing was done
in Japan.