Ebola: the movie:labjokes

Jason West west at freenet1.scri.fsu.edu
Tue Apr 11 10:15:13 EST 1995

@rockvax.rockefeller.edu wrote:
: In article <3lp2nd$g4e at netnews.upenn.edu>, smoore at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
: (Sean David Moore) wrote:

: > On occasion we get WWIII going in the lab.  Someone tosses a tip, someone
: > retorts with a sopping Kim-Wipe, then a hand-full of tips, then a
: > microfuge tube...it escalates...

: Ah, but haven't lived (died?) till you've had a full-scale battle with
: microfuge tubes shot off the end of a 20cc syringe. [Warning, kids don't
: try this at home. Only to be done with proper safety equipment - goggles.]
: The other 'neat' thing are those wonderful dry ice/ethanol microfuge
: bomblettes.

Or how about a dry ice loaded mirofuge launched from the end of a 20ml
(red) pipette filler? Like a grenade launcher!

Or dry ice in a screw top eppendorf. or a 50 ml tube.

My personal favourite is to spin around on my lab stool/chair about 15
times while looking at a point on the ceiling. Grab hold of of your
chair to avoid strange ;looks.!

Of course you can always drop some dry ice into someones gel tank when
thay are not looking and watch there reaction when they see it smoking.

BTW anyone looking for a student ;-)