Virulent measles virus in Australia

James Steven Garrett ldbyron at indirect.com
Fri Apr 7 09:06:55 EST 1995

: Has anyone heard about a more virulent form of measles virus being
: isolated in Australia?  If so, who are the researchers that did the
: identification and  isolation?
Indeed; apparently the virus spread from horses to humans, and wiped out
a village of aborigines in Australia. Incubation within 6-8 hours, 100%
mortality; bloody froth from the nose, ad nauseum. Doesn't God ever
invent a tidy virus? Sheesh.

As you can see, I haven't much more than the apocrypha coming off the
newsfeed; if anyone knows more about this virus, I would appreciate
e-mail on anything pertinent. Thank you in advance.

---J. Stephen Garrett
ldbyron at intele.net