[Q] Viral symptoms going on 2 years

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 2 13:41:48 EST 1995

In article <3lmk19$3mh at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu> st91n2ke at dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu (Matthew Jamerson) writes:
>Despite the fact that Med School does not start for me until August, I
>think I may have a good guess as to a possible etiologic agent for your
>mystery illness (though HIV was a good guess at first).

Please, everybody, do not ask for medical advice on this group.  There is
no way that the guess of people who have never seen you and who are, by
and large, researchers rather than clinicians is going to be even close
to accurate.  Go and *see* a doctor.

Secondly, if you are not 100% sure in your diagnosis, don't make
one.

Thirdly, anyone who thinks that EBV is latent in dorsal root ganglia is
probably not making an accurate diagnosis.

Ian
--
Ian York   (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu)
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627