Flu shots

Robert.Coelen at jcu.edu.au Robert.Coelen at jcu.edu.au
Thu Oct 27 19:01:05 EST 1994

In article <mikep.306.0011C75D at uniwa.uwa.edu.au> mikep at uniwa.uwa.edu.au (Michael Poidinger) writes:
>It also depends on whether your vaccine is a 'live' or 'dead' vaccine.  I do
>not know which is used in flu shots, but I would guess it's dead virus and
>therefore would be unable to recombine with anything.

There have been some experiments with attenuated flu strains (cold adapted)
but they were not all that successful.Flu vaccines are well and truly dead !
and yes..... it would be hard to get DNA out of a flu vacc prep !

Cheers,

Robert

Dr Robert J. Coelen                                  fax:   61-77-791 526
Dept of Biomedical and Tropical Veterinary Sciences  phone: 61-77-815 024
James Cook University of North Queensland
Townsville-just-about-on-THE-reef, Q, 4811
                                      o     e
                                       w   d
                                        n n