Polio vaccination

Duane James Funk umfunk15 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Oct 15 21:49:56 EST 1994

	I would think that the immunity from a vaccine would last for
quite some time.  But for twenty years?  I wouldn't want to risk it.

	What is of a greater concern is the fact that the polio virus is
non-enveloped.  This means it can survive for years outside of a host.  So
if they destroyed the stocks a la smallpox, could there be a recurrence of
the disease leaving us vaccine-less?  (I don't think vaccine-less is a
word but oh well)

Duane