Aussie Horse virus

RYBICKI, ED ED at molbiol.uct.ac.za
Tue Oct 11 03:20:39 EST 1994

> The virus was (as I mentioned in a previous post)  Morbilli, one
of the
> paramyxoviruses. I was unaware the trainer had died. Up until a
few days ago,
> no virus could be isolated from his system, but his blood lit up
the
> appropriate elisa like a Xmas tree, and it was the same virus as
killed the
> horses.
>
> Just as well we are not in for any virological suprises hey Ed?

no surprises there, are there?  Unless, of course, the thing turns
out to be the same one which infects seals in the North Sea - and to
be unusually airborne?

But seriously, anything other than "morbillivirus"?  I am teaching
at the moment on routes of infection, and the class is fascinated by
zoonotic agents...!
 | Ed Rybicki, PhD          |         Well, I tip my hat           |
 | (ed at micro.uct.ac.za)     |      To the new constitution         |
 | Dept Microbiology        | Take a bow for the new revolution... |
 | University of Cape Town  |  Then I get on my knees and pray     |
 | Private Bag, Rondebosch  |   We don't get get fooled again...   |
 | 7700, South Africa       |                                      |
 | fax: xx27-21-650 4023    |      - Pete Townshend, 1972          |
 | tel: xx27-21-650 3265    |      (Won't get fooled again)        |